This morning I woke up before the regular alarm because the baby alarm woke me up instead. I was sitting up in bed feeding the baby when Caleb rolled out of bed to turn off the alarm. He got up and went out to the kitchen to start our Sunday morning coffee cake. If you haven't picked up on the theme, Caleb cooks breakfast for us on Saturday and Sunday mornings. It is awesome!! I rolled out of bed and hit the shower with the exciting feeling that I would actually have time this morning to wash AND DRY my hair before church because Felicity had just finished eating. Style!
While getting my hair dry and getting dressed, I talked Celeste through picking out her clothes. Then, I fixed her hair. Today, we pulled it up on the side and she picked out a big white bow to wear. I'm attempting to get her to understand some simple rules of fashion. I never really contemplated how complicated these rules can be until I started trying to explain them to a five year old! I love fashion, and I'm slowly getting better at it. I think. Caleb got Caedmon dressed, and I dressed Felicity. This morning she and I both wore purple. Purple is one of my favorite colors. Once we were all dressed we gathered around the table. I snagged my coffee out of the microwave. I like my coffee hot, and for some reason the coffee pot isn't making it very hot anymore. After we prayed, I jumped right in to reading our morning devotional while we ate. We use a little book that comes in the mail bi monthly. It is called "Keys for Kids." I highly recommend it for anyone with children! Today's story was one about covetousness. We had a nice conversation over breakfast, and shared our goals for the day. Mine was to try to get more laundry completed. I failed. But, fortunately for me, Caleb's goal was to try to help me with laundry today, and he did NOT fail. Woohoo!!
After breakfast I had just enough time to get a crockpot meal thrown in the crockpot before we headed out the door for church. Cooking with the crockpot is such a great idea for Sunday. I made Creamy Italian Chicken today. While Caleb loaded up the kids in the car, I made sure the diaper bag was stocked, grabbed my Bible and phone, glanced in the mirror, and headed out to the car. I am proud to report that we were early! This left me enough time to stop by the desk at the childrens building and look for Celeste's church identification tag. Sure enough, it was there in a basket at the desk. Crisis and long lines averted, I hiked with Celeste upstairs to her classroom while Caleb dropped of Caedmon. I met him by Felicity's classroom back downstairs. Caleb headed off to our BFG and I headed in to the nursing room. After getting the baby fed, I checked her in to her room. She is doing pretty great. She has gone about three times now. I enjoy nursing my baby in that quiet little room. It's just us most of the time, and it is great bonding. I managed to catch the last twenty minutes of our BFG and was even able to contribute to the conversation this morning. I dislike public speaking, greatly. But, at the same time, I like to contribute something meaningful to a conversation, and I am comfortable in my BFG so it isn't so bad. Scary!
I headed straight to the balcony to get our seat for the church service while Caleb went back to the childrens building to grab Celeste. She comes to regular service every week now that she is in Kindergarten. She is really doing well. I heard her singing our worship songs today after we got home. :) Celeste needed to go to the bathroom during the middle of the message. This is the second week this has happened. I like to learn from my mistakes, but I'd rather learn from others mistakes and not make any of my own! But, note to self, make Celeste go potty BEFORE church next time. I walked Celeste out the balcony door, but then sent her to the bathroom alone. I want her to be able to get to the bathroom and back by herself if this happens again. I supervised her from a distance and she made it there and back just fine. Next time, I think she will go it alone. We settled back in, listened to the rest of the message, and Celeste gave her tithe in the offering plate. Cute!
The house smelled really great when we got home! I had everyone immediately change out of their church clothes, put them away, and get play clothes on. Meanwhile, I finished prepping the rest of our lunch. We sat down to eat around 1. Felicity was definitely ready to eat lunch too, so I had to rush through my lunch in order to get back to tending her. Caleb cleaned up the table, and then took the kids to play the Nintendo for a bit while I feed Felicity and wrote the blog for Saturday's post. This took a LONG time because Felicity kept falling asleep while eating. I'd put her down and type, she would wake back up, I'd feed her a little bit more, she'd fall asleep...repeat for an hour! I like a schedule, but she doesn't always cooperate. Exhausting!
Finally, Felicity ate well enough, so I handed her off to Caleb so I could make two peanut butter pies. The kids helped me bake the peanut butter pies by licking the batter from the bowls when I got done pouring the pies into the two pans. I enjoyed having them hang out at the bar watching me and asking me little questions as I went.I had a get together with a group of Mom's from my Mops group tonight. I am our Discussion Group Leader, and it is a great group of women. I enjoy being hospitable, so this is a great role for me to have as I get to plan events, and keep up with all the girls. We met at one of the ladies homes for a potluck dinner tonight. It was such a fun evening! Fellowship!
I came home to a quiet house, but the kids hadn't been in bed quite long enough because they both pitter-pattered out to give me a hug and a kiss. Hugs are one of my favorite things. Especially from your kids! Hugs!
And now, Monday approaches and I wonder how it is already this late and how come I haven't accomplished anything to make tomorrow easier yet(I like to have the kids pick out their clothes, I like to pre-make lunches, and ACK! I forgot to call the gym to make a childcare reservation for Tuesday)...at this point, I will choose to let tomorrow be worried about tomorrow and go to bed...Night!
Sunday edition. :)
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment