Yep, a day late. Like I said, most of the time these days I am LATE. It's a season. A season, I say!!
This morning(Saturday) I got to sleep in a little bit because Caleb was home and for some reason got up at 6:15 and even better finished reading his Bible. Like, finished the WHOLE thing (again!). I truly do WANT to be that dedicated. I am devoted, but something about this season of life calls for a different fly-by-the-seat of my pants relationship with God. Can I get an amen? I think I might have the pray without ceasing thing under my belt. (Lord, please don't let Celeste fall out of that tree and smash her head wide open. Lord, thanks for this love that is so big it almost hurts. Lord, I said/did/acted the wrong way again. Forgive me. Help me!-I say that one a lot.) Sometime, I will have to write a post about what it is like to be married to a perfect person, or at least a nearly perfect person. But, not today. I easily feel condemned or not good enough....by none other than yours truly, not by Caleb should anyone think that is what I am implying. No way! I need to work on this area in my life. I am claiming God's truths. "And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8 And of course in Romans I know I am told that "there is NO condemnation for those in Christ Jesus." I am so thankful that all my mess ups, good intentions, and failed attempts, are all covered by the grace of God. Wow, that's a lot for not even having gotten out of bed yet on a Saturday morning!! Truth.
I got up and threw on some workout clothes, and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. One day, a ponytail won't be my favorite hairstyle anymore. But, for now, a ponytail IS my favorite hairstyle. I knew I would be heading to the gym to get in the workout that I miss on Fridays now that Celeste is in dance. I love working out. I hate how hard it is, but love the way it makes me feel and look! Fitness.
Caleb decided to make Swedish pancakes for breakfast. It is a Herod family food tradition usually served for Christmas morning breakfast. I love traditions, and I love food. I love eating food, and I hate the way it can make me look if I eat too much of it! But, I sat down with the family and ate a hearty meal of Swedish pancakes topped with strawberries and syrup. I enjoyed every bite. Balance.
After breakfast, I headed to the gym and got in my workout. I left my phone at home and drove off with the baby's carseat in my car, so I left Caleb stranded at home for about an hour and a half with the kids. Oops! I don't want to write a sentence describing what that says of me. I'm in denial about my inability to plan out every detail in spite of my best efforts right now! Let's just say, I like being in control! Surrender.
When I got back from the gym I found everyone playing Nintendo. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, so I suggested that we all go on a walk together. Caleb and I loaded up the two big kids in the double stroller, strapped on Felicity in her Baby Bjorn, leashed up Lucy and hit the neighborhood for a stroll. I think living in an established neighborhood is fantastic! There were several garage sales in the area, and we stopped by each one letting the kids shop using their chore money. Celeste is quickly picking up the concept of saving money. We have been out two weeks in a row now, and she is already deciding to save her cash instead of buying one-more-stuffed-animal-she-doesn't-need. Caed is bold about asking how much things are, but he will still throw his dimes around pretending like they are bombs...or something. He still ends up scoring some great deals because he is so cute though. I am proud of my kids! Relaxing.
Upon arriving home, we were all hot and hungry. I made a quick lunch consisting of tomato soup and sandwiches. We ate and then I rounded up the ads and my grocery list to head to the grocery store. On Saturday. At 2. I am shopping at the same time as all of the employed outside the home Moms! I am definitely a working mom. I am a stay-at- home Mom, but man, I found it so funny that this is the best time that I have to do my grocery shopping too. I used to be able to go during the week, but since I started homeschooling it doesn't work out anymore. Anyway, I took Celeste with me while Caedmon took a nap and Caleb watched Felicity. A girl can't learn to early how to shop til she drops! And, boy, did we ever. I had to load up a 48 pound of dog food this trip. What can I say? It was the best deal! That's a lot of dog food. I love shopping-the clothes, accessories, and shoes kind. And I tolerate grocery shopping. I think I say "tolerate" because when I used to shop midweek it was with THREE kids. That isn't really what I consider fun. But, now that I am going on the weekend, I can leave some of the kids home (though I still have to go fast since I have a nursing infant) but it is ultra busy. Errands.
After getting the groceries put away, I shuffled around some laundry. Some from the washer to the dryer, some from the dryer to the bed, some folded, and none of it put away! I hate doing laundry. I think it is my least favorite chore. If I could pay someone to come and do my laundry instead of come and clean my house, I think I would! Oh no. I know what you are thinking. Let me just clear that right up! I wouldn't know what it was like to pay someone to come and clean my house either. I imagine that would also be swell. (Who says that?? Swell...) I was just saying IF I had the ability to choose one option or the other. Cyclical.
I had the great idea that we should grill Salmon outside for dinner, so Caleb fired up the grill which took about a cup of lighter fluid on only 8 and a half charcoal bricks. It took like ten attempts to get those 8 bricks lit for some reason. They seriously were defunct. (If that's not a word, just go with it.) Maybe they got wet? Needless to say, it took forever. Besides that, it was pretty laughable to think that we could grill salmon using only 8 (and 1/2) lumps of charcoal. So, I abandoned the idea and grilled salmon inside instead. I get grumpy when I get too hungry, and I was getting to that point. I used lots of fresh squeezed lemon juice, pepper, and butter. They turned out great a top a salad. It was a healthy way to end the day. Salmon is such a great fish. Sushi.
Caleb put the big kids to bed, and has turned in for the night himself because he was feeling under the weather. I cleaned up the kitchen, started the dishwasher, and then sat down and watched an episode of Friday Night Lights while I feed Felicity. I gave Felicity a bath and then snuggled with her while reading a few blogs. It's been an uncharacteristically calm evening. I like things to be calm and quiet every once in a while! You know how often that happens with three kids? Rarely.
Cheers for a great Saturday!! I think Saturday is my favorite day of the week. Sunday.
Saturday edition.
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment