Monday, October 3, 2011

My Monday-Who Am I?

This morning came quickly! I initially resisted getting out of bed because I ended up being awake at 12:30am with Felicity, then at 3am by Celeste's little voice, then again at 6 with Felicity. Celeste is old enough to finally understand that Mommy doesn't want to be awakened any extra in the middle of the night (emergencies only!) since I am still getting up often as it is. I found it very endearing, even at 3am, that she went to her Daddy's side of the bed and asked for help. (I think I would wake up if a fly landed on the doorknob to our bedroom door. I am such a light sleeper!) Celeste's nose was too stuffy and she couldn't sleep. The funniest part was that she asked Caleb if she could please wake me up so she could use my Netti Pot. I never imagined that she would want to do such a thing, but last week when I had a cold I was showing her how it worked, and apparently she remembered! I have discovered that I have allergies, nothing too major I hope, and I am realizing that my kids probably have them too. Caleb ended up sending Celeste back to bed, and part of me was grateful but the other part of me wanted to get up and go help her. I fell back to sleep. Sniffle.

I finally rolled out of bed sometime between 7 and 8. I got dressed head to toe for the gym, and then headed out with a load of dirty laundry to put in the washer. I got that started, and zapped my coffee at the same time. The Fly Lady would have been proud. Celeste was already up and dressed and was standing in front of the hall mirror, and I stopped to help her spritz her hair down with Infusium 23. I highly recommend it for those with unruly hair. I enjoy having a girl and getting to help her fix her hair. I'm a girly girl, or at least enjoy being one when I want. Frizz.

I made the decision to divert from the menu plan for breakfast and served up PopTarts and cored apple for the kids. I don't think I've ever served PopTarts for breakfast before (I have them on hand for a portable snack), so the kids sure enjoyed it this morning! I grabbed a bowl of Healthy Oat cereal and a banana for myself. (HA, Healthy Oat has more calories per serving than the sugary cereals. That is annoying.) Calories.

Since it was a school morning, I knew we had to get started pretty quickly on our schoolwork if we wanted to get anything accomplished before heading to the gym. I started Celeste out with her handwriting. It is by far the hardest part of kindergarten. Celeste still does pretty great with it, but she wants it to be perfect. Wonder where she gets that from? I tend to be a perfectionist too, but I am really trying to emphasize that all she needs to do is give her best, and that is good enough. We do two lessons on Monday so that we can use Friday as an enrichment day. Today, I taught Celeste the letter S (I like teaching!), and she practiced two pages out of her Writing with Phonics book while I got Caed set up playing a game, and feed Felicity, who has been a bit out of sorts because she is starting to teeth and is battling a cold. Multitasking

Celeste and I had just enough time to finish her math lesson before it was time to load up for the gym. She practiced identifying the "teen family", counted by ones to 20, and then practiced writing the number 6...all of this being WAY to easy for her, but hey, that's ok. We have gone over some coins, and that is NOT too easy for her. I am glad she has a little bit of a challenge here and there. If not, I will challenge her. I like a good challenge. I'm competitive. Anyway, we finished and went to the gym. Fun.

I would tell you about the drive to the gym, but I can't remember anything particular from the car ride. I have selective hearing when I drive. Crickets.

The workout this morning was No Limits Circuit. I would say I had a mediocre workout. That always makes me feel bad because I like to do things with 110% of my effort. (See, there is that perfectionist bit again!) It was no fault of the instructor. I was just tired. Fortunately the music was upbeat. I am motivated music that has a driving beat. (Not saying the lyrics are great though.) Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful. Seriously???

I picked up the kids from childcare, and Felicity had JUST fallen asleep. I knew she needed to sleep because of her fussy-out-of-sorts morning, soooo I gingerly picked her up and managed to keep her asleep for the walk to the car AND for the transition to her carseat. I told Celeste and Caed that we were going to play "The Quiet Game" in the car, and that no one was to talk because Felicity was napping. They did great with this while I was buckling Caed into his seat. As soon as I closed the back door and went to get into the front seat, I hear Celeste say, "Waaaiiit." in a whiny, whispering voice. She had somehow messed up her buckle. That one whispered word woke up the baby. Babies LOVE kids voices. Man! I felt my madometer starting to rise. I don't have much patience when things don't work out like I plan. So, I had to take a deep breath, and just get over it. I got back out of the car, and went around and helped Celeste get buckled in to her seat too. Hiccups.

Once we were back home, we walked in to Breaking News on the TV. There was a massive chemical fire that was releasing toxic fumes into the air in Waxahachie. So, of course, I have to immediately check out how close that is to us, and I also figure out if we are going to be in the path of the smoke. I worry too much! I also showed Celeste on the map how far away the fire was because she was a little bit frightened. That helped her, and then I sent the two kids out into the yard to play. Fall!!

After the kids and I had a late lunch, it was time for naps. I need naps too! I got all three kids down and folded a load of laundry. I decided I would lay down after I finished folding the first load of laundry. I didn't. Instead, I forced myself to get and fold the second load of laundry first. I hate leaving a task incomplete. I was going to lay down after I finished folding the second load FOR SURE, and wouldn't you know it, I was matching the last few pairs of socks and Felicity woke up. What's a girl to do? I picked her up and talked with her a bit, and about that time, my neighbor girl came over for help. I'm voluntarily tutoring her on Monday afternoons. Tomorrow.

My other kids woke up, and I got tutoring underway. An hour later I walked her back home, and then put Felicity in her swing where she finally took more than a ten minute nap. I started prepping dinner. I turned our leftover Creamy Italian Chicken into individual chicken pot pies by using pop biscuits and the rest of the mixed veggies we hadn't eaten. It was a hit. I am a fan of efficiency, and re purposing food like this makes me happy! Dinner.

Caleb arrived home just as the pot pies were finishing up and we promptly ate dinner. I was planning to meet my friend Amanda to walk this evening at 6:30, so I headed out right after we ate dinner. Caleb stayed with the kids, and helped clean up dinner. I walked my five miles and came back home, kissed the kids before they went down for the night, and started the cycle of feeding Felicity and trying to write this blog. She is making it really difficult, poor baby. I am a goal oriented person, and I am also a list maker. And, since it is my goal to get to bed before midnight tonight, I am going to wrap this post up for the night. So, Dat's All Folks! Porky.

Monday Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment