Friday, September 30, 2011

My Friday---Who Am I??

This morning as I rolled out of bed, (Late @ 7:15 because I had tended baby at 12:30 and 5:00am), I rubbed my burning eyes, and started to think about what I would wear for the day. STARTED...but, before the light was even flipped on and my thought had the chance to complete, I was interrupted by a sound. Screaming. Not the I'm-in-pain or I'm-so-scared kind of screaming, but the I'm-being-teased-and-I-don't-like-it kind of screaming. What a way to wake up in the morning! I'm not really a morning person, but being able to wake up BEFORE my kids makes such a difference (Good morning, Lord. Thanks for another day! I love you, Lord. Help me!). I like doing that when I am able to sleep through the night. Sleep.

After we were all up and dressed, and the kids had gone through their morning chores (dressing, putting away pjs, feeding/watering animals, making beds, sweeping the front walkway), which is harder for me to supervise than to just help them or do it myself, but I want my children to be independent, and I'm not the family maid....we all sat down to have breakfast together. I seriously enjoy preparing and planning meals for us. I value family time! There is something so wonderful about starting the morning out together, sharing a meal, and sharing our goals for the day. We have started saying something we would like to try harder at in the morning at breakfast, and then at dinner we share one encouraging comment about each person. I'm trying to build a strong sibling bond instead of a strong sibling rivalry. Difficult.

After breakfast and clean-up, I appreciate a tidy and clean home, (in print it looks so easy and matter of fact, HA!) it was time to bring Celeste to her morning ballet class. We loaded up in the car and drove downtown leaving plenty of time to unload the stroller, diaper bag, leapster, infant carrier, and two kids (oh, wait, make that three, oops!)...plus stop and kiss a scraped knee from a fall on the curb, and arrive on time to dance class on the third floor. I'm a big proponent for being on time, even though most often these days I end up arriving late. Sigh.

The kids and I left dance class and headed over to visit Caleb at work. I had paperwork to get notarized. We have been taking Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University" class on Wednesday nights, and I'm really loving it! I think Caleb and I are fortunate in that we both fall into the "nerd" category (at least where budgeting is concerned). Neither one of us wants to be in debt, and I thrive having a plan to follow (Once again, looks so simple in print-being "debt free"). Anyway, I've decided to withdraw some funds from when I worked as a teacher and use them to help us settle some of our accounts. Decisions.

After getting paperwork notarized, I headed off to my favorite fast food place, Chick Fil A, for lunch. They were having free sandwiches today, and I am all about a good deal, plus we hadn't been in ages due to good ole Dave! To make the deal even sweeter, I got to eat lunch with my dear friend Michelle, who I haven't spent any time with in ages! I am such a social person (but I don't really talk a TON, weird) and I need down to earth friendships. I'm so glad I have some of the friends that I do. They make rough seasons better. Chick-Fil-A.

Upon arriving home, I corralled the kids and got them settled in for some rest/nap time, and I fed Felicity and watched a little bit of Rachel Ray. Did I say I just LOVE cooking?? In another season of life, I wouldn't be surprised if I started a catering business or a bakery. I think I like baking even more than cooking! I have been using Pinterest a little here and there (I feel technology is great!) and have been starting to accumulate recipes that I want to try/retry. Creamy Chicken Enchiladas, chili, crockpot recipes and lots of baking ideas...pies, cupcakes, scones, seasonal treats...anyhoooo. Rachel Ray was making stuffed Poblano Peppers today. Rachel Ray.

Tonight is date night. Our friends the Haynes dropped of their two adorable girls and our house quickly became a bustling, laughing, joyful place full of energy that I only can hope to have again one day. Kids are so great. Energizing.

Blogging is one of my most favorite things. It's just this little piece of world reserved just for my thoughts. (Which, yes, I then share with whoever cares!) Maybe I could write a book sometime? I just don't know about what...kids stories, novels, self-help, educational...maybe I'll just stick with blogging. And reading. Magazines. And blogs. Leslie's.

And thus concludes part one of the Who Am I posts. This is the Friday edition...

No comments:

Post a Comment