Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Come On Spring!!

This morning around 3 am I was awakened by the predicted sleet and snow fall. Actually, I was probably not awakened by it. Rather, I was awake from the need to change positions. Anyway, we have had some of the coldest temperatures that Texas has ever seen! It is arctic, again. I think I could have sent the kids out ice skating on our driveway today except that it is just way too frigid. Well, that, and we don't exactly own ice skates. Caleb made his way in to work cautiously, but did see a car spinning out at a light, and another vehicle perform a 360 maneuver. Thankfully he made it to work and home just fine. Tomorrow is promising to be more of the same. School has already been called off for Allen where Celeste goes to preschool, and for Mckinney where we live. We will be trying to stave off cabin fever and extra weight gain. I'll probably not do well at either! Some of the ways I like to spend time with my kids when we are cooped up involves things like making hot chocolate, and baking cookies, brownies, or some other treat. Of course, we also play board games, read books, draw pictures, watch tv, play leapster or nintendo, and take naps! But, for some reason, we can manage to get through ALL of those things and still have lots of time on our hands. :)

The best way to make it through these days is to have a PLAN! I think I will sit down tonight and develop a timeline for what we are going to be doing tomorrow. It will help pass the time both now and later! Being proactive is much better than just letting things happen in my opinion!

I end with reminding myself that just two days ago we had 75 degree temperatures, and my son was outside in the yard playing in his diaper and Crocs. Talk about something for which to be thankful! We also even have blue skies most of the winter in spite of the cold. So, the sunlight does keep coming through most days. We will make it! By Sunday we are supposed to be back in the mid 50's again...that will feel like shorts and t-shirt weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment