Monday, January 31, 2011
Smile Seekers
Today after I dropped Celeste off at preschool, Caedmon and I headed to our church. I attended a group called Smile Seekers this morning. Basically, it is a group of women that reaches out to the community once a month by doing a small service project. They do things like visit the nursing home, provide volunteer services for struggling schools, or some other type small service. Today we went to a local nursing home and brought a craft for the residents to make for Valentine's Day. I had a really nice time getting out with a great group of women. And, icing on the cake, is that Caedmon gets to go into free childcare at church while I go serve AND THEN all of ladies also get to go to lunch together after our service project is finished...all without kids! I will definitely be doing it again. I'd be lying if I didn't say that "being kid free" for a couple of hours didn't have something to do with my motivation to go back. However, I really do enjoy the serving as well. It's nice to be used!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment