We woke up this morning and discovered that the pipes running the length of the wall by the kitchen and out to the garage where the washer and dryer are located were completely frozen. I should have known better, and started dripping the faucets a few days ago! It only makes sense that after four straight days of below freezing temps that this would happen! We opened up all the cabinet doors and started running the hair dryer. About an hour later the facuet in the kitchen started running again. The outside area by the washer and dryer are still not thawed. But what can we do about that? It's outside! It does look like it has started to thaw, and it appears that we MAY have a leaky pipe out there. Hopefully, this will be something we can fix ourselves since the pipes are easier to access.
The kids have loved building snowmen, having snowball fights, and being pulled around in the laundry basket by their Daddy.
Of course I had to take pictures. To start, here is a quick snapshot I got of Celeste yesterday. It was our fourth day of freezing, and we celebrated by having pajama day and not fixing a single hair. She still looks so cute!
Starting to build the first snowman with Daddy.
The weather man is calling for more snow tomorrow and Tuesday, so I am hoping to get my few loads of laundry done today just in case. I better be off to check on the garage pipe situation....
No comments:
Post a Comment