Well, I haven't blogged in so long I think I've nearly forgotten my own blog address! I've noticed a pattern of recent decline in my blogging frequency. Let me just tell you...sometimes keeping up with living life isn't even possible, and when that happens blogging gets neglected! The worst part of this is that it certainly means I have "stuff" to blog about without having the time...ahhhh.
As I sit here, there are presents to put away, thank you notes to be written, laundry to be folded, winter wardrobes to be pulled out and hung up, ornaments to be made, and Dancing with the Stars to be watched in the background. Priorities right?
Over the course of the last month I have, been to Nashville and back to lend a helping hand, thrown a huge birthday party for Celeste (pictures to come), walked a ton as I am trying to walk a half marathon, worked on potty training Caedmon, and watched my belly grow from a small pooch to a down right obvious baby bump... See, I feel like all of those things could be a blog on their own, and maybe I will do that at some point.
BUT, in the upcoming month, since I am a Room Mom for Celeste's preschool, there is a Finger Food Feast to cook for, a teacher Cookie Swap to bake for, a Thanksgiving Party to attend, a Disciple Now event to provide for, Operation Christmas boxes to make, a wedding to fly across the country to attend, an ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby, an Ornament Exchange, and OH SO MUCH MORE.
I attend MOPS and am a Discussion Group Leader, try to hit the gym most days of the week, pick up and drop Celeste off at preschool, and maybe cook dinner every once in a while. We attend Wednesday night church, Sunday morning services, and Sunday School events for fun. I have date night swaps every Friday. (good thing!)
However,
Most days I laugh at the term "stay at home" Mom. Today I was home for about an hour!
Caleb and I are evicting a renter, working on home repairs, and waiting on his most recent exam results.
Breathe in. Breathe out.
This is life isn't it? I doubt that many people read this and think, "Man, she is busy!" More than likely, you are sitting there reminded of how much YOU are currently doing too.
The challenge is to make sure there is meaning in all the mayhem. "Moments" of worth in all the madness.
I've certainly had those times, and they are much more blog worthy. However, those moments can't surface without clearing out all this clutter in my brain first!! So, I will consider myself vented, and try to provide everyone with a much more interesting read soon.
Is anybody identifying? Empathetic? Judgmental...just say no!! :-)
Monday, November 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment