Life has taken hold of the Herod family lately and put us in some sort of warp zone. Time is flying by faster than I can keep up with it! The last few weeks have been so full of activity. And I thought that fall would bring back some reasonable schedule. HA!
Recently, I have become a Discussion Group Leader for the MOPS group that I attend. I am enjoying this position a lot. It includes helping direct our group in discussion, keeping up with everyone's birthdays (and anyone that knows me well, knows this is the hardest part of my position for me!), and just providing an overall hospitable atmosphere for those that are new.
I also just completed my second round of Once A Month Cooking with my friend, Melissa. We are both exhausted after two full days, but once again, I am very impressed with all of the meals I have prepped and ready to go! Like what you ask?? White Chicken Chili, Mexican Cornbread Casserole, Baked Ziti, Broccoli and Chicken Casserole, Chicken Marsala, Beef Stroganoff, Beef Stew...and more, and more, and more!
I also came down with a stomach bug which I believe my son transferred to me. Thankfully, all is well and it only lasted 24 hours. Being sick is never enjoyable, but I am SO glad this didn't linger around!
This week Caleb has been working overtime at work staying until around 10:30 each night. The overtime is due to his taking a long awaited exam, so we are all excited that he is finally at this point. However, I will be SO GLAD to have him home again. He is such a great father and husband, and I miss him AND all the help he consistently provides every day! The kids and I took him dinner on two of his late nights just so we could see him for a few minutes and hopefully save him the extra time for working on his exam. He only gets a certain number of allowed hours to complete it. He has done a fantastic job of staying focused and dedicated to the task. So proud of you babe!!
Celeste started preschool last week, and she is loving every minute of it! I am still adjusting to having her gone, but I can already tell she is learning. :) She has really great teachers too. Today they had a birthday party for all of the September birthdays, and parents were invited. I couldn't make it to this party due to cooking all day. Celeste noticed. I felt bad. I'm trying not to take on any extra Mom guilt, but I know I will make sure to be at the next one, and the next, and the next!
Caedmon is being an active two and a half year old. He is still IN LOVE with his chocolate milk. I'm enjoying the one on one time I am getting with him and I think he is too. I've also noticed that he falls asleep in the car MUCH faster without his sister there to keep him awake. :-) He is the most persistent child I've ever met. And, from the stories I remember hearing about me as a kid, I guess he is taking after me. Persistence has it's rewarding points...right? :-)
All in all life is pretty normal. We are blessed beyond measure. More to come soon....
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment