Today I accomplished a goal that has been a long time in coming! After Celeste was born, Caleb and I both trained to RUN a half marathon so that I could get back into shape. I managed to push through that training up until right after our 10 mile run. That was the run right before the BIG RACE. I had an injury of some sort to my foot either during labor or shortly thereafter, but didn't know then the extent of the problem. My foot had been really, really deteriorating the entire time we trained and after the ten mile run, I had to visit the podiatrist. I ended up not doing the race, and I have battled my foot injury ever since.
Currently I am 24 weeks along in my pregnancy with our second little girl, Felicity. I decided early in the pregnancy that it would be a great idea to have a goal to help ward of unnecessary pounds. HA, to that! However, it has had to help at least some. :) I revisited the idea of doing a half marathon with the intention of walking the distance this time. I'm soooo happy that I actually accomplished my goal this time!
I went slowly. My feet hurt. My pelvis feels like it is about to fall out of my body. BUT I DID IT! I covered the distance of a half marathon.
Now, it's time for a new goal! I'm thinking about trying to log a cumulative amount of 150 miles of walking before Felicity is born. Anyone else have any other ideas?
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
way to go!! wish I was half as motivated!! :D
ReplyDeletePelvic pain is the absolute worst. Hate it with a passion. Congrats! No ideas to offer though. Rachel Tyson
ReplyDelete