Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Eisenhower State Park

This past weekend we went camping with some friends, the Haynes family, to Eisenhower State Park. It is about an hour north of us and is located on Lake Texoma. We camped on the Texas side of the lake, but did make the very short drive up to visit the state of Oklahoma, just so we could all say we had been. :-)

Camping in Texas in the summer is much like you would predict. HOT. This fact combined with toting along a nursing 2 month old, and bringing along our dog, Lucy, made for a working weekend for me. Everyone did have a good time though. Me included. I got brief moments of downtime at night once everyone was asleep and we adults sat around swatting the bugs and playing Phase 10 and Yahtzee. I enjoyed seeing my family getting to fish, search for Roly Polys, swim in the lake, eat Smores, and just all around enjoying the great outdoors. You know, the kids never once thought about it being hot...

I think we will stick with camping in other locations than Texas if we are camping in the summer from now on though...Colorado, Arizona at the Grand Canyon, mountains of North Carolina.

I think I am still recovering.

This picture has nothing to do with camping. Just thought I would share it. A two month shot of chunky cheeks ready for bed.
Caedmon rock climbing near the shore of Lake Texoma.
The kids playing with their Dad in the sand. The water was nice and cool!
Felicity relaxing on the sleeping bag in the tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment