Sunday, June 19, 2011

Celebrating Number TEN!

On June 16, 2001 I said "I do" to the love of my life. Caleb and I just celebrated our ten year anniversary! (Celebrated... not in the sense that we've "lasted" this far, but in the sense that we have been blessed with life together this far) Though, these days, lasting for ten years is quite an accomplishment I guess! We just don't consider that as an achievement because lasting just IS. And we are so thankful to GOD for the tremendous amount of blessing we have felt and experienced. I couldn't help but think about how much change happens in such a seemingly short span of time! We established careers, started a family, and moved. A lot.

Though we would like to eventually take a cruise or go somewhere exotic, this year was another one of those have a baby years. Maybe for our 11th we will do something. Maybe not.

Caleb and I enjoyed a very nice dinner at The Melting Pot. For those of you that have never been, it is a fondue restaurant. Caleb surprised me by having the waiters prepare the table with a special heart shaped candle, rose petals, and a card. We also had a nice, private booth. The meal was delicious, the company fantastic, and the evening enjoyable.

Our self portrait snapshot on the way out the door.

Me at our booth at dinner.
Caleb and Felicity at our booth. Felicity was pretty good, but we caught her in a fussy moment here!

Our cheese fondue appetizer...we ordered the Wisconsin Cheese Fondue which had Gorgonzola, Swiss, and Cheddar, I believe. It is served with apple slices, fresh broccoli and cauliflower, and sourdough and pumpernickel bread squares. Yum!
We definitely had to have the dessert. It was soo good. Our waiter, Maricello (do you think they make up their names??) brought us a special anniversary plate and handmade us two chocolate strawberries. We thought that was very nice!
We devoured every bit of this dark chocolate. And take a look at all the goodies on that black plate. We devoured that too.
See. I told you.
ALL of us were fed, content, and happy by the time we were ready to go.

Here's to the next ten years, Caleb! Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment