Caleb and Adam go waaay back. They both attended The Christian Academy of Guatemala and grew up as missionary kids together. They have always been great friends. They even developed a special language to communicate. Strangely, that was missing from this visit. Next time guys! Later, Caleb, Adam, Rachel, and I all attended Lee University and got close then. We spent a LOT of time together playing cards, eating, going on cool dates, and just hanging out. Over the years we have continued to hang out as time allows...trips to Gatlinburg, visits to each others houses for a long weekend here or there. Of course we are always attempting to come up with "the NEXT time" we get to see each other! One of these days we will manage a cruise!
We spent some of this weekend playing a new (to us) game called Settlers. It was great fun even though I was functioning on caffeine for most of the time after 10:30 pm. We also attended church together, went to a fabulous Greek restaurant, and watched the kids swim in the pool. We went to the Louisiana Southern Fried Food Festival too which I don't think any of us would recommend. The food was great, but it was costly! Rachel and I also somehow managed to make a day trip out of hunting for pies (because people are liars!! ;-))...this ended up being one of the highlights of the trip for me! Girl time!! And, hopefully, Adam and Caleb enjoyed their guy time (plus a ton of kids). :)
I didn't get too many pictures because we were just too busy catching up and having fun. But, here are a few!
Cutie pie Benjamin...
Adam and Abel chillin' on the futon.
Rachel getting Benjamin ready for the day.
Fast buddies, Will and Celeste. And, apparently, the bunny.
All of us! L to R back : Adam, Rachel, Me, Caleb L to R front: Benjamin, Caedmon, Abel, Will, Celeste, and baby Felicity...
I love Settlers! (If you are talking about Settlers of Catan.)
ReplyDeleteYep!! It was Settlers of Catan...:)We will have to play whenever we get the chance to hang out again. :)
ReplyDelete