Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Wonderful First Week

This first week home has gone so much better than I could have anticipated! I am truly enjoying being the mother of a newborn. My parents and brother Luke were here for the week and they are largely responsible for making my first week home such a great one. My Mom and Dad fixed meals, biked the kids around, took the kids out for ice cream and to the parks to play, picked up and dropped off Celeste from preschool, held the baby so I could sleep, trimmed trees, did landscaping, fixed our garbage disposal, and SO MUCH MORE. I appreciate them so much, and felt very blessed to have them here. Of course, I hated to see them go!!

But, a great big THANK YOU to my Mom and Dad for all the love, support, and help.

Next week might be interesting ;)

Felicity has had a great first week of life! She is eating well and giving us decent sleep at night. She seems to be the easiest baby I've had so far! I guess that probably has a lot to do with appropriate expectations, but she really is a great baby...only crying for food or to get rid of gas bubbles.

I'm well on my way to recovered. We didn't waste any time getting up and back out and about. We've been to Chick Fil A, Petra's, Randy White's BBQ, a birthday party, Walmart twice, the gym twice (hair appointment and took kids swimming) and to my friend Michelle's once for a quick errand. With all that eating out, you'd think I'd have gained weight..hehe. It was a great week for weight loss with my total coming in at around 20 pounds. I'll take it!! I've got 22 more to go! Can't wait to be there.

Here are some pictures of family with Felicity.



No comments:

Post a Comment