Thursday, April 7, 2011

Felicity Has Arrived!


So...

This morning around 3:30 I woke up with a cramp. It must have been toward the end of the contraction that I woke up because it passed quickly and I went back to sleep. At around 4:45 am I woke up due to another contraction that felt pretty significant. This is when I realized that I should probably get up and monitor myself to see how far apart contractions were coming. I woke Caleb up and said, "I think I'm getting contractions." He asked what he could do and if he should get up. I said no, but that I would let him know if he needed too. I got the computer on and started timing. I timed three contractions that were coming 2 minutes apart and I was having to breathe through them. I got Caleb up and said, "Let's just go ahead and get our stuff together and head over to the hospital to hang out in the lobby because I don't want to have a baby at home!" I woke Nita up and told her I was contracting, and we loaded our stuff and headed over to the hospital. We left home around 5 AM.

On the drive over to the hospital...actually at White Avenue and 75 intersection just after leaving home and rapidly hanging up the phone while talking with my Dad, I had a contraction so strong that I felt like I needed to push! I had started transition!! I got to the hospital with only having one more contraction while getting into my bed and gown. I did have several more that were of the moan and groan, your body is shaking, and doing things you can't control once I was in the hospital room. The nurse checked me and said I was complete and ready to push! My water also broke then. Nurses were running around all crazy, and I was in a bit of a shock. I literally said, "You mean I actually get to PUSH when the doctor gets here?" I was through transition at this point, so the contractions had slowed down enough to give me some relief. I had felt the urge to push, but my mind hadn't yet caught up with what my body was doing. I was instructed to "not push" until the doctor arrive. At 5:38 Dr. Allen arrived, I got to push, and she was born at 5:48!!!

We are all doing well. I'm in a little bit of sticker shock, but we are thanking the Lord for this beautiful little blessing that has arrived. Happy birthday, Felicity!! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. OH. MY. GRACIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! She didn't waste ANY time!! That is awesome. And I can NOT believe you just had her like minutes ago and here is her story on your blog!!! Impressive! She is so beautiful and we are thrilled for you! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Danielle! So glad that was a quick labor! You are a super mom ;o) Praying for quick recovery and for continued blessings on your adorable baby girl and your entire family. ;o)

    ReplyDelete