Friday, February 18, 2011
The Beach
Today, my friend Michelle (aka Sister from another mother!), and I took our kids to a place called The Village Beach. Here is Michelle and her littlest one catching some rays.
The kids played in the sand for hours. Literally. Michelle and I got to sit and relax and talk! See that big brown box in the upper left hand corner?? Michelle's boys and Celeste made it their mission to fill it up entirely with sand. At the beginning of the the playdate they could all climb into it and disappear, and by the time we left they were standing up on top jumping off. Mission accomplished. And, here is Celeste just having finished a sand angel.
There are a lot of different activities for the kids to do at "the beach." Caed played around with the horseshoes for a bit, but there are also four sand volleyball courts, and various other games as well as a doggie park.
Caedmon enjoyed climbing up these stairs and going down the slides. The slides were fast since they were all covered with sand. He was plummeting right off the end and having a blast.
Here are some of the kids just taking a break on top of the lizard. At least I think it's a lizard??Dino?
And, yes, it was hot enough to do this.....in February!! Sweeeeet. Our kids didn't play in the fountains today, but I was really tempted to let them do it. These fountains are just opposite of the beach area, and you can't tell it, but everything is located on the outskirts of a huge outdoor shopping center. Bathrooms, Ice cream, restaurants, (lol, listed in my pregnancy preference apparently) are all just a stones throw away. We will definitely be returning many more times.
My personal favorite discovery is pictured below...Family, guess who is going to be a pro come Christmas?! ;-) Yeah, with all the spare time I will have on my hands!! Ha. But, it was still fun to find a family game fave. MAYBE I'll have the chance to practice just a little...
We are all a bit sun kissed, and we are all exhausted from such a great day of playing in the sun! I'm feeling very blessed! We are hoping for many, many more February days just like this one. That's a February I can handle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for sharing the pictures and story of your day at the beach!! It looks and sounds like you all had a great time. I'm so glad you and Michelle have gotten to be such good friends!
ReplyDelete