Here is the far wall before:
And, here is it after. We will be replacing this bookshelf and dresser unit with one tall, white bookshelf in the near future. We also will put up crown molding.
After. This bookshelf and dresser will also be removed and will be replaced with a white storage armorie from IKEA. We hope to also put up a white shelf supported by some decorative corbels above that. It depends on how tall the storage armoire is.
The far wall after. I'm thinking of hanging a red gingham pushpin board on the wall next to the bunks, or attaching several red gingham "pockets" on the wall for the kids to put books in, or a few floating shelves with red gingham something :-) Tell me your vote!
And below, the bunk bed wall after. One of my favorite subtle differences in the renovation is that I came up with a solution to hide the extra mattress we keep under the beds. I had the red gingham curtain valances that were previously on the windows, and so I reused them to make a bedskirt for the bottom bunk. You can't tell from the pictures, but the new curtains have red gingham strips too, so it coordinates nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment