Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fixer Upper Consideration Number One

Drop me a line about your personal response to these pictures!
Bathroom... One bedroom
Middle Bedroom...(The bedrooms are all in a row.)

Master Bedroom (only cause it's the biggest, which is still small-no bathroom here!)




The paneling hallways...



The garage converted space...






The garage converted space from standing in the other living room





Entry living room (nicest room in house by far)







The breakfast nook








The kithen with OLD cabinets and OLD everything! Needs a complete overhaul, I think.



Other side of kitchen





So people, that's it. As you can see from the pictures, their has been a tenant living in the house. They are currently in the process of moving out.
I feel overwhelmed by the number of projects that have zoomed into my head just from walking through this place today! I'm sure my list of to do's is way loftier than we can afford. The real question is, can we make it a cute, clean, inviting, sanitary, place for us to live, or not? Only an inspection can probably tell.
Once again, what's your opinion? Wouldn't be caught dead here? See awesome potential? :)








5 comments:

  1. I see LOTS of fun home improvements in this option...which can mean lots of fun, but will probably mean lots of unexpected expense and even more time and frustration. Only 1 bathroom? That would be a deal breaker for me!! Good luck! The perfect house will come along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment is from Karen....The fireplace in the garage would look great covered with stacked stone.. And that looks like it would be a good family area. The right paint colors will help alot, also painting the dark paneling a coffee with heavy cream color would help. I would want to put in another bath.. especially for when Celeste is older, if your plans are to flip it.. still put in another bath, if you can find a nook for it. We made a bath out of a walk in closet.. It depends on your stamina and desires. I know you can make it a cute and sanitary place to live. You are a creative genius like your mom. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can definitely make it liveable but will you like it that way and be happy in a less aesthicatically pleasing place that is cheap. A lot to think about...looks like it could be a lot of fun if you're willing to invest the time and money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the house has tons of potential! I was pleasantly surprised! I agree that you should consider putting in another bath if it's possible, you'll appreciate it, and it will greatly improve resale... Let me know when/how we can help! <3 Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bathroom struck me as the biggest problem as well. You can paint walls and paneling. I've seen smaller kitchens. You can totally make it cute, etc.

    Rachel Tyson

    ReplyDelete