Monday, October 26, 2009

Shopping Tips

Just wanted to pass along a few ideas I've had and tried lately that have worked marvelously for me!

Tip One: Bring your portable DVD player and set up the kids to watch while you shop. This little action has saved me loads and loads of time! Mine don't get to watch too much TV, but they love it when they can, so they are entertained thoroughly while I shop. So many people have commented on what a great idea it is when they see me strolling along with two completely happy kids in my cart. If you shop at a Tom Thumb or a place like it, I hear they have pre installed movies on Dvd players for kids in their shopping carts already. Kudos.

Tip Two: Whether you have kids or not, this one could be useful. I frequently have trouble finding space for all of my things without them getting smashed. The underneath part of the cart isn't that useful because I often find my things falling out. Last shopping trip it dawned on me to see if a shopping basket would slide underneath the cart. It did, and Viola! I now have a considerable bit of more space for goods. I like to use it for breakables or smashables like bread and eggs, or even for the heavy stuff like canned goods. The best part is that it also solves a problem of taking a long time in line to unload your goods. The basket just has to be set on the checkout line completely full.

Tip Three: Expand the basket idea and compartmentalize your entire cart. I think two baskets would fit in the main part of the cart and at least one beneath. Then, when it's time to unload, all you have to do is line up the baskets and your done! I'm trying this out next time I go!

Yeah, maybe it's a little over the top, but...I don't care. It will save me time in the checkout line!

No comments:

Post a Comment