I must admit my surprise that we are almost halfway in to the month of August! Where has the time gone. If ever I have done too much in a summer, it feels like this is the one. I guess it probably is related to having had my third child, and trying to keep up the same pace as normal. Whew. I will be excited for some routine to return to our lives. Funny that I will be the one responsible for implementing it!
I have ordered Celeste's Kindergarten supplies, and we will start school in just two weeks! I have been working on a few lesson plans here and there. That sure is time consuming stuff, but it is a part of teaching that I always enjoyed- planning. :) I have also found a dance studio that is affordable enough for Celeste to begin taking ballet. She will begin in September! I know that she is super excited about it. She will also begin piano lessons with "Nanna J" (Our adopted Grandma here) sometime in September. It is looking like she will have a well rounded K5 year!
Caed starts his first year of preschool at the beginning of September. He will be going two days a week. He just had his 3 year check up, and is a healthy boy. He does follow in his Daddy's footsteps though. He was only in the 2%tile for weight! He also needs to see an ophthalmologist sometime soon. His vision in his left eye has come back questionable two times now at the pediatricians. So, he may have glasses in his future. I'm not in love with that idea, mainly because he is an active kid and I don't want him to be restricted by the glasses. I know the opposite is probably true! Kids adjust fast, and if he DOES indeed have a vision problem, these will help him out tremendously.
My little four month old Felicity also had a check up. She is doing great! Her weight has dropped from the 80% tile to the 54% tile, but she is still growing in height and head circumference. She is also still chunky, so the doctor wasn't concerned. She has discovered her hands and her feet and has rolled over from her stomach to her back a few times. I think it was purely accidental though. I think she just happened to be laid down in the exact right position. I haven't been able to get her to do it again since. That will happen soon enough though! I'm in no hurry.
Caleb has been playing softball for his company on a co-ed league and a men's league. He has had games nearly every Monday and Tuesday night. It has been fun watching him play, but I will be ready for a slower pace in the Fall. He is also enjoying playing Angry Birds on the iPad. :)
I've been getting back into a regular routine of going to the gym, but the weight loss is slow. I am getting there little bit by little bit. I also recently did Once A Month Cooking with my friend Melissa. We cooked the Diet menu this time, and it took us three days! Not three full days of course, but if you add in to it a nursing baby...well, it just took a lot more time! Nonetheless, my freezer is now stocked again!
I also have recently been asked to begin blogging for the Women's Ministry Blog at our church. I am very excited for this opportunity! If you are interested in following, it is called Stiches.
I'll catch up more later. Hopefully with some photos!
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment