Yesterday's thoughts...
"Woo-hoo! I'm 2cm dilated and 80 percent effaced. I'm going to have this baby ANY minute!!! I'm so excited! And, even if I don't have her at any minute, it will more than likely be soon. I can't wait, and I'm going to enjoy these last few days of my calm, relaxed life."
Today's thoughts...
"Grr. Why isn't she here yet?? I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER. I just know it. So what that I'm a little dilated and effaced. It means nothing. I'm going to end up being late. My uterus is probably so stretched out that Felicity has just decided that it is quite comfortable in there. No evidence suggests that because you are effaced and dilated that you will go into labor soon. UGH! If I wake up pregnant tomorrow, I'm going to scream! Wait, wake up...no, that would connotate sleeping. HA! Sleep. Try more like sleep deprived! I feel the need to throw an all out tantrum!"
Logic...
More than likely I will go into labor within the next ten days. That's good. However, I was coping much better with this time frame before I found out what kind of progress I was making. I think I am coming to the conclusion that I will no longer get checked for progress. My body knows what to do, and it will do it when Felicity is ready to arrive. Knowing my "status" messes with my head! I've got to get a grip, and know that I will NOT be pregnant forever, and that I really am getting close. It could be two days and it could be ten. But, either way, she WILL get here. I'm a pretty positive person really. And, up until yesterday, I was feeling quite content. Why the need to suddenly feel so restless and antsy? That's NOT me. So, no more whiny business. "Okay chick? BESIDES, labor hurts, remember? Like, really, really hurts. No need rushing into all that. Yeah, BUT, then the baby is here, and I'm not pregnant anymore, and I will start feeling more comfortable, and be sleep deprived with a baby to hold on the outside! That's worth it...sigh. I WILL be content, I will, I will, I will."
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment