Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bountiful Basket Co-Op

This morning we went to pick up our first basket of "as local as possible" fruits and veggies. I found the prices for the co-op to be pretty good!

It was VERY cold here this morning. Here is the line we had to wait in for pick up. I heard that usually there is not a wait!

Celeste's "I'm cold and miserable." face.
The loot...
The loot close up. The fruits were a pineapple, bunch of bananas, five apples, a kiwi, four grapefruits, and three mangoes. MMM.
The veggies were a head of cauliflower, broccoli, celery, two cucumbers, three turnips, and a head of romaine lettuce. I'm going to learn how to cook a turnip this week! :)
The cost for it all is 16.50. However, the first time you participate there is a 3.00 fee for providing the co-op with supplies needed to sort the produce. So, we actually paid 19.50 this time. This was also an organic week, so as much of the produce as possible comes from organically grown sources. Nice. We will do this again!

If this is something you are interested in doing, go to bountifulbaskets.org to see what is available in your area!

No comments:

Post a Comment