Summer's mom, Shelli (my former mentor Mom in MOPS), was kind enough to make the cake for the baby shower. It was beautiful AND delicious! It was at least triple layers!! It had chocolate and vanilla cake with frosting and strawberries in between each of the layers...so moist and decadent!
Michelle planned the surprise shower and knows me well enough that she came with games for us to play! Everyone had to cut string to guess my belly's circumference. Several people got very close, while others...well, we can let the pictures demonstrate, lol! We also played a game that required recalling the names of children's books based on the first couple of lines. I failed miserably at this one!! I don't know if it is comforting or not to have read nearly ALL of the books. :-) It was fun nonetheless. This is also a great picture showing many of the wonderful friends in my life!
I was truly blessed. It seems like the girls got together and planned what they were going to buy. I got a lot of variety!! I will certainly be making use of everything. With Celeste being at least five years older than her coming little sister, and with several moves happening in the last several years, and with sharing clothes with family, I really just didn't have much of anything left to pass down! I confess, new things are always more fun.
To all of you that came and celebrated with me, thank you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment