Since so many people have actually asked me about this, I decided to devote a blog entry to explaining what a Weekly Home Blessing is all about. :-)
A little preface...
Since a third child is on the way into the Herod house, I have been increasingly feeling the need to get into an established and predictable routine with my children and my home. Call it nesting, call it preserving my sanity, call it whatever you want, but this is the starting point of me beginning a Weekly Home Blessing.
The concept of the Weekly Home Blessing is just that-to "bless" your home. How does one bless ones home? By cleaning it of course! This term is not original nor are the routines that I follow, so before I go any further, let me give credit where credit is due. You can visit Flylady.net for all of the fantastic ways to become organized in your home.
I stumbled upon the Flylady via my cousin, Naomi, who also probably stumbled upon her via someone else. Isn't word of mouth, er, Facbook, just the best!
Anyway, the Flylady babysteps you through decluttering your home all the way to building a routine that can keep you from living in CHAOS. (Can't have anyone over syndrome.) It has definitely been work, but work well worth it! I'm by far from perfect with my routines as I'm still a Flybaby, but I am certainly making lots of progress.
My Weekly Home Blessing consists of the major chores that need to be done in the house each week. A lot of times I am not able to complete it in just ONE day, but I try to do the best that I can. Here is what it contains:
Mopping the kitchen and bath floors
Vacuuming all rooms
Dusting all furniture
Changing the sheets on the beds
Emptying all the trash cans
And, you get the idea!
The routines that Flylady has you develop help keep the rest of the house orderly and clean throughout the rest of the week...like the Swish and Swipe, or the 5 minute room rescue, or the Zone Mission for the day. Curious now, huh? Really, just give her website a visit! I will say that it is a little challenging to navigate at first, so staring with the Flybaby tab would be the best place to start.
Now my secret is out...weekly home blessing is a positive way to say...cleaning house! It's amazing how it has helped change my perspective though. Give it a try!
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds great! Wonder if there's someway to do this as you also work 2 jobs with 2 children???!!!????
ReplyDeleteAGH! I do have that syndrome....don't want anyone to come over cause I'm never happy with how the house looks. My living room is like baby Jon threw up clothes, toys, swings, bouncy seats.....all over. Then the 6 yr old loves to leave her stuff anywhere she can.
Thanks for the tips and thank you for the link!