Monday, January 10, 2011

Icicles


Our first winter snow is staying around, but with the temperature dropping we have now gotten a lot of ice. The roads are slick and most schools are closed. It's an extra day of rest today! Well, at least for my kids. I, on the other hand, am tackling my one load of laundry and working on giving my house its weekly home blessing. (see flylady.net) This takes a while and I have to take breaks because I'm starting to get out of breath while mopping and vacuuming!!

Caleb mentioned that we are pretty fortunate during bad weather because we have gas heat, water, and stove. I'll admit that it is a comfort if I'm not worrying about Carbon Monoxide poisoning! However, I sure do miss the cozy fireplace in the living room on the Mi-Po on days like today. Mom and I wouldn't ever get things done because we would be snuggled up as close to the heat as possible. :)

Some of my fondest memories are of spending the days with family and friends sledding down McNabbs hill during the winters, and then heading back to the house to loads of chili, cheese, hot chocolate, and card games. Sure hope someone is out sledding there today!

No comments:

Post a Comment