Friday, December 31, 2010

Homeschooling

I'm not sure most of you know this, and some of you already may, BUT I am 99% sure that I am going to be homeschooling Celeste for her Kindergarten year.

Texas is a great state in which to homeschool! In Mckinney alone there are about three different co-ops. The decision to homeschool has been a slow, calculated one. I've seriously considered every option out there as I am sure that most parents do. Public, Charter, Private, University Model, and Homeschooling...

The question I get most often is "Why did I decide to do this?" I guess there really isn't a simple answer to the question! Some of the larger factors in my decision have been the cost of the Christian school and the ratings of the public school we are zoned for living in our "fixer upper."

Kindergarten will be a trial year for me. I am curious to see if I will enjoy homeschooling or absolutely hate it. I'm prepared for either situation, and will respond accordingly for first grade. :) All in all though, my feelings are those of excitement to watch Celeste begin to read, add, and make school friends through our co-op. I'm also excited about teaching a class or two at the co-op we would join! More on homeschooling later....

No comments:

Post a Comment