Thanks Sarai! I've got to change the painting into a black and white collection of something. I'm thinking monogrammed H, scripture verse, black and white photos, a flower or two... Sure wish I could have your help on this one! Any other ideas?
I'm thinking of painting the canvas white and separating it into separate squares with thick black stripes...then of course, decorating each square with the above mentioned things.
The color really cools the room off. The kind of cool where you have been in the sun all day, just had your shower, sit on the couch and ahhhhhh. Nice. At least that is how I felt looking at it. I like it. :)
Turning that wall into a collection of blacks and whites will look really good! I really like the idea of using the combination of words and photos to the wall. Can't wait to see it!
Whoever said the blue made the room look cooler is right. But i prefer the warmer color. The green couch looked "greener" with the lighter wall color. The print on the wall looked less red. if you keep the new color, you will have to change out the artwork...but black and white will diminish the warmth of the couch further....What will be your accent color then?
I agree that the color of the couch doesn't look as green in the picture that I posted. It isn't the best picture of the room...I've had people ask me if the walls are blue/purple and it is definitely NOT that way at all. I am certainly planning to change the artwork! And, I guess I really am going for a "cool cottage" look. Of course, I'm not anywhere close to being there yet!
I'm a mountain girl infiltrated with some big city sass. I like a good combination of class and comfort. I appreciate the simple pleasures in life and the accomplishments of hard work. I raise three children amidst several thousand home projects in just around one thousand square feet. I take fitness seriously and enjoy helping others meet their fitness goals while I continue to pursue mine. I follow the teachings of Jesus and accept his continuous grace for my failures. I adore my brainiac, bread winning husband and have adjusted to the equally glorious and dreadful stay at home Mom position. The adventures are many........feel free to snoop around and come and go as you please!
Very pretty color! I think it looks great and I love how it ties in with the pillows on the couch. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sarai! I've got to change the painting into a black and white collection of something. I'm thinking monogrammed H, scripture verse, black and white photos, a flower or two... Sure wish I could have your help on this one! Any other ideas?
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking of painting the canvas white and separating it into separate squares with thick black stripes...then of course, decorating each square with the above mentioned things.
The color really cools the room off. The kind of cool where you have been in the sun all day, just had your shower, sit on the couch and ahhhhhh. Nice. At least that is how I felt looking at it. I like it. :)
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you anonymous! :)
ReplyDeleteI think it looks great! And I don't mind the picture so much either but if you want to change it go for it! :-)
ReplyDeleteI think it looks very good! I'm so jealous-- as a military family I doubt we'll be able to paint walls for YEARS. rentals = :P
ReplyDeleteTurning that wall into a collection of blacks and whites will look really good! I really like the idea of using the combination of words and photos to the wall. Can't wait to see it!
ReplyDeleteWhoever said the blue made the room look cooler is right. But i prefer the warmer color. The green couch looked "greener" with the lighter wall color. The print on the wall looked less red. if you keep the new color, you will have to change out the artwork...but black and white will diminish the warmth of the couch further....What will be your accent color then?
ReplyDeleteI agree that the color of the couch doesn't look as green in the picture that I posted. It isn't the best picture of the room...I've had people ask me if the walls are blue/purple and it is definitely NOT that way at all. I am certainly planning to change the artwork! And, I guess I really am going for a "cool cottage" look. Of course, I'm not anywhere close to being there yet!
ReplyDelete