Well, it has been a little while since I've posted pictures of the house. Honestly, I wish I could say that we have accomplished more, but in between our vacation, family visitors, and keeping up with things that need immediate repairs, (ie: AC and Plumbing). I just haven't done that much as far as decorating is concerned.
Yet. :)
Once again I thought I would share my ideas and ask for some feedback and suggestions from you all! So, here is a picture of my living room now...
First: Window Treatments
I would love some input on what type of curtains to put up in the living room window. I was originally thinking some white long panels but am not sure if that would look alright with the sectional pushed up close to the window which is certainly the best arrangement for it in the space. I could scoot it away just enough for an end table and lamp on that side, but think it might look awkward. I've also considered getting panels that are only as long as the window itself??? I'm not settled on anything. Should I go with color or pattern here instead??
Second: Wall color
If you can recall, I painted our dining and kitchen area basically the same color as the living room couch. This is beginning to tie the two rooms together, but I would like to introduce another color in this room to contrast with the couch. I'm thinking of paint matching the light steel blue from the accent pillows on the couch and using that for the wall color. I can't decide if I should commit to painting the whole room or just the back wall where the piece of art work is hanging.
Third: Wall Decor
I'm going to focus on just the wall behind the couch right now. I've got the one piece of art hanging, but still think the wall lacks a homey touch. Our family photos are hung in the hallway so I'm trying to think of what might look nice surrounding the areas around this art on both sides. Cast iron decor? Give me some ideas!
Fourth: Accent chair
I snagged an accent chair and ottoman at a garage sale for ten bucks that I am going to attempt to reupholster myself. This seems like a big, scary job! The accent chair will take the place of the dining chair I have in the picture. Of course reupholstering means I have to pick out fabric which is FUN, but there are a ton of choices! Match the curtains, blue like wall, combo it with blue and curtains or some pattern?
There is soo much to do! I probably should have broken this up into separate posts, but I didn't. So, yea, just leave me long comments on ALL of your ideas pleease!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

D,
ReplyDeleteThe window and wall color were exactly what Betty (mother-n-law) and I thought of first. I totally agree with the color you suggest for the wall with the art. Try just that wall first and then see if it is enough or if you should then do all of the walls. About the window treatments. Hmmmmm, definitely something totally different than what you have there now. I have my sofa againt my window with long drapes. Our vote is for long drapes...I would wait until wall is painted before finding the right ones though. And, what color is the sofa? Betty and I are at a disagreement on it. Only you can settle this! Love ya, Trina.