I've always had trouble in that my "taste" in things runs expensive. Without looking at the price tags, I am just drawn to things that are more expensive most of the time. Now, I can usually happily find a knock off, or a version of something that I really like for a lot cheaper if I really want something, but not today...
Apparently, my taste was running expensive before I could even know it.
I was sharing tonight with my husband about my FAVORITE book to read as a child. This was prompted after listening to Celeste "read" to us about PJ the Bunny wanting to be anything other than a bunny! Caleb said that used to be one of his favorite books when he was little.
So, back to the point, my favorite book to read was called Katy Comes Next. It's about a little girl named Ruth whose parents own a doll hospital and fix up broken dolls. However, the parents seem to forget about fixing up Ruth's very own doll, Katy. Ruth ends up getting an entire day with her parents devoted to fixing her doll. The doll gets new eyes, new hair, new clothes...etc, and the book explains the process of how the doll is repaired. It was a story I just loved!! I decided that Celeste would love this book, actually some time ago, but got around to finding it online tonight. Its price starts at $55.00! I was surprised that only four exist (at least in the internet world)! Sigh.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment