Celeste got some blue chapstick for Christmas, that she loves, and that she has used quite often this winter to sooth and take away her chapped lips.
Jump forward to today....
I was sitting on the couch relaxing reading a blog.
My daughter, approaches from the side, and says with concern in her voice, " Mommy, do you have an ouchie?" I look down and notice that she is looking at my side which has become exposed due to sitting twisted on the couch. She places a finger ever so gently, as not to hurt me, on one of many stretch marks she blessed me with when I carried her.
I couldn't help but smile. I explained that I got them when I carried her around in my belly. To which she replied, "Mommy, want some chapstick?" as she raised her blue chapstick to apply it to the stretch mark she had noticed. Lol. If only blue chapstick was the cure...
She is worth far more than every single one of my stretch marks, and besides, she is granting me those glorious little laugh lines. :-)
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thats hilarious!! I love it! and thei videos were percious!!!
ReplyDeleteI think that last sentence is one of the most beautiful ones I've ever read. What a beautiful way to capture mommy-hood!
ReplyDelete