This past week at church, our pastor spoke briefly about a list of questions that, as Christians, we should contemplate for the new year. One of these ten questions was, "What is the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?" In Sunday School I shared that I felt it was humanly impossible for us to get a house that was in decent enough condition to live in-in the price range that we were looking for. I know it's true that it is humanly impossible. Seventy or Eighty thousand dollars at most is NOT very much money when it comes to buying a home! I bit back tears after sharing that information because the knowledge that we were trying to do something that was humanly impossible really hit me after I shared out loud.
I came home from church on Sunday and posted on my facebook in the "write something about yourself" section the question, "What is the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?" And then, I wrote my answer. "Give us a house we can live in that is in the price range we are seeking." I left it at that.
Last night, as I was looking on realtor.com I noticed a home in the price range, in a spot in Mckinney we liked, with 3/2. It had been listed just hours before I found it. There were no pictures, so I didn't expect much, but I contacted our realtor to take us to look at it anyway. It is SO MUCH better than I had expected for the price. It's ridiculous really...it has granite countertops, a second living space, and hardwood floors (the flooring is in need of repair, and the home did have two flooding incidences in the past several years, so it is not perfect...) But, if you compare it to other homes that we have looked at over, and over, and over these last few months you can easily see how much better it is.
God's hand is so evident right now. It isn't everyday that I feel and see God's movement in such an obvious, personal way. It brings tears of joy and thankfulness even as I write this to be reminded of how much he loves us, oh, how much he loves us! He is sooo faithful. I'm still amazed that he answered this prayer so quickly. To experience first hand God make the impossible, possible, is just astounding. I know I shouldn't be astounded, and maybe that isn't the right word, but WOW, what a God moment.
Even if this house doesn't end up being the one for us, God still has shown up in a very real way, saying to me that He will provide.
And, if it IS the house we end up getting, then I am going to have to move on to a different question for contemplating because God will have answered THE hardest question on the list, waaaay more quickly than I ever expected Him to do!
God will show up if you give Him the chance. What humanly impossible thing will YOU ask Him to do for you this year? Give it a try!
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3: 20-21
Quick Update: We looked at the home last night, and submitted a preapproval application as well. We are moving forward and digging deeper with an inspection in the near future to see if this might work out! Hopeful and cautious...please pray for wisdom and a thorough report. Will update again soon!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Danielle! You brought tears to my eyes!!!! Thank you for sharing this. Soooo beautiful! God is so great and, yet, also so tender toward the details that burden us. So glad you spoke up last week so God could be even more glorified!
ReplyDeleteWow! Danielle, that is so amazing! I want to hear an update on the final decisions on the house.
ReplyDelete