Well, I did it! My family arrived home this afternoon around 2:30, and I have managed to unpack, have the kids help me pick up, and get up our Christmas tree. I was so excited to get our tree up that even after a full day of travel I was still motivated to get everything unloaded and put away quickly. It is a beautiful tree, and the smell of the evergreen is already wafting through the house.
This year Caleb and I are also committed to doing an Advent devotional each night with our children in preparation for Christmas Day. We had hoped to pick up an advent devotional book, but were unable to find one at Borders tonight. We also needed an advent wreath. Coming up empty handed on both the book and the wreath, we improvised. Maybe I'll post a picture of the advent "wreath" I made for us to use this season. Caleb read the directly from Scripture (imagine that... Advent book, huh!) from Isaiah about the prophecy which foretold Jesus would be a suffering servant. It was a success. I'm still looking for an Advent devotional for us to have and reuse each year though. Tomorrow my quest will continue for that.
I am going to the Christmas concert put on by M.W.Smith with Caleb on Tuesday, and I have Celeste's birthday party to throw, a company party to attend, and a Sunday school Christmas dinner party. All of these occur this week! Our calendar is already bursting with things to look forward to doing, and I look forward to them all. But, as I read over all of that I am so thankful for something as simple as advent to bring my heart and mind into enjoying and treasuring the meaning of Christmas.
Cute Tree...if Jared has heard it once he has heard it million times (this year alone) that "I can't wait till we have a place for a tree of our own" ::sigh:: maybe next year! Hope you all are doing well!
ReplyDelete