Monday, August 17, 2009

I Hate Wal Mart!

I do shop there but I always end up asking ...why? The produce is terrible. I rarely buy it. But, this isn't even my biggest complaint. Before I go on ranting, I must admit that there are savings to be made by shopping at Wal Mart. The non grocery items are mostly just fine. My biggest complaint is the lack of service. Now, maybe this Wal Mart and the Wal Mart in Alabama just "happpened" to have really terrible service, or maybe this is actually a trend with Wal Marts across the nation. I would love to know. I think I must have inheireted a bit of my Grandpa Bootsma's personality. He was always a stickler for getting the proper treatment or service when he was visiting a place. I am becoming more and more that way! I do realize that places often cut back on items or certain services to offer cheaper prices, but really, people DO need to be able to check out!! Today was the second time that I have had to stand in line for no less than 30 minutes. One of the times was closer to 45 minutes! Checking out is not an enjoyable task with two children underfoot, and you add a 30 minute wait to that and it is down right nightmarish. My blood pressure was so high by the time we left that I am not sure I will visit Wal Mart again for a VERY long time! Sure, it costs more to shop at Kroger (which by the way, I must now plug for Publix...I miss you!), but what you lose in money you save in time and sanity.

I can almost here my parents tsk tsk. Maybe I am becoming a spoiled city girl, but I must say that when my parents shopped at Wal Mart (thanks for the sacrifice-hehe), I didn't have to be concerned about the length of the line. And, my parents were awesome enough to have great gardens so we got the BEST kind of produce around! I'm going to stick with Kroger from now on if I can. It will be a new adventure for me trying to stick to a good budget while shopping at a real grocery store. I am certainly going to be clipping coupons. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, my Wal-mart is not that bad and we actually generally have pretty good produce. It's a little crazy sometimes, but definitely worth it for me to save tons of money each week. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out southernsavers.com
    This lady offers great advice for saving money and tells you where to get the best coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Wal-Mart is just as horrible. I have actually taken to shopping in the middle of the night when I absolutely have to go there. And, YES, the produce is horrible. I always tell David that and he thinks Im being to picky! So, it is very nice to have someone back up my opinion:)

    ReplyDelete